Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705307 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....

ENNIS and ALMA

November 1963

YEEHAW

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

The Props Magician:

** Hey Ennis, I know, you probably can't eat no cake just now, but here's a lil' wedding cake anyway! ** ::)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

((Lucise allows himself to be pulled into a close embrace with Guy, he relishes the feeling of Guy's breath on his neck and the thought that Guy feels comfortable enough with him at this point to show his affections in this way.  Guy sure had come a long way .. ))

We'll talk all about that!  I have been cooking and cleaning all day, as you can see .. and I sure hope you'll be impressed, coz I damn well worked my butt off all day, poring through old cook books and praying for a decent outcome ..

((Lucise smiles into Guy's eyes and relaxes when he sees the grin on Guy's face.  Lucise holds onto Guy's hands and leads him to the well-laid, candlelit table .))

** Here's what we'll be having for dinner tonight .. I went all out!  I just felt like there was a reason to celebrate, you know .. okay .. anyway ..  To start, we'll have a garden salad ..

.. then some Penne pasta with red pepper and basil alfredo sauce ..

.. then some Duck A L'orange .. I swear, this one took me forever, I was freaking out actually, but it turned out okay,  I think ..

.. I made some fruit salad for dessert ..

..although I am convinced that your company will be sweeter than any dessert I could ever make ..**

((Lucise smiles, lowers his head, blushes at just how corny he must sound ..))

Okay, truth is, I don't think I could've been able to handle all this and baking as well.  I am new at all this stuff.  Remember, I am a mac and cheese sorta guy!  :)

((Lucise pulls up a chair for Guy, and anxiously awaits his reaction ..))

GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Guy sits down carefully, grateful to see that Lucise had chosen a well-suited white wine for their dinner instead of the other type. He looks at everything that Lucise has prepared.))

**You call this not being able to cook? I couldn't have done better if I'd have done it myself. But as it is I'm grateful that I didn't have to. The folks back at Un Ltd are getting peculiar about wanting everything done on time. I asked them why of course, considering the fact that the commercials are doing so well and that things like.... well all those things we're advertising.... are selling.**

((Guy shrugs, picks up the nearest glass of wine and holds it up to the light.))

**You can't please everyone, though, you know... What wine did you pick for tonight..?** ((blushes)) **Not that I'm a connoiseur or anything. I just wanted to know.**

Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Guy sits down carefully, grateful to see that Lucise had chosen a well-suited white wine for their dinner instead of the other type. He looks at everything that Lucise has prepared.))

**You call this not being able to cook? I couldn't have done better if I'd have done it myself. But as it is I'm grateful that I didn't have to. The folks back at Un Ltd are getting peculiar about wanting everything done on time. I asked them why of course, considering the fact that the commercials are doing so well and that things like.... well all those things we're advertising.... are selling.**

((Guy shrugs, picks up the nearest glass of wine and holds it up to the light.))

**You can't please everyone, though, you know... What wine did you pick for tonight..?** ((blushes)) **Not that I'm a connoiseur or anything. I just wanted to know.**

((Lucise smiles with a glitter in his eyes ..))

I know what you mean about not being able to please everyone ..  sometimes, you gotta just do what you gotta do.  I think you are doing a fine job as a marketing advisor ..  and I'm not just saying that to flatter ya .. You're beautiful, i mean, you're doing a beautiful job! .. Umm, about the wine ...

.. It is a Chardonnay, I think.  The lady at the liquor store said that it'd be great with poultry, salad and cream sauces .. so I bought it.  Hope you  like it!  I had considered getting a cake or something from that Luc's Buns & Cakes Bakery over on Center Street, but the guy who owns it, I think his name is Lucas Indaloop or something .. well, he gives me the creeps ..

Please, help yerself, the food'll get cold ..

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:12:11 pm by Lucise »

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!

TERRY CLOTH:

**  Hey, OWLMA, down here!  It's me!  Look, I know you might not be too fond a me at the moment, but I really have cleaned up my act and I want to make an honest owl out a you.  I learned a lot up there on that Mountain, and I don't want OWLMA JR. to grow up all lonely like I was raised.  So I guess what I'm sayin' is ... will you marry me?  It would be a hoot!  **

((Owl Olivia and lil' Olli Owl who has accompanied her to the wedding can't quite believe their owl-ears...))  ::)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
((Before Olivia and Olli fly back to their owl-partment, Olivia remembers that she brought some presents for the newly wed couple!))

** Hey, Ennis! This is for you my dear! It's... umm.... a Jack-in-the-Box! **  ;)

** And this is for you, Alma! Some knitting wool for long winter evenings. Courtesy of Mr. Lucise Indappadock... **
  :-*

%% Well, better a woolen ecstasy than none, I guess... %%

((And off they take...))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:32:46 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
ALMA: Why that yarn will make a loverly sweater for my honey. Thank you kindly for the presents, Ms. Owl-livia!  **But not for the advice that I didn't even ask for, I swear! Anyone can see that my man is the answer to a girl's dreams! No way am I goin to "keep my options open" whatever that means. Why, it sounds downright comically obscene! And a Jack-in-the-box?? I'll keep his Jack in the box! I'll knit a little sweater for it, too! **

(dreamily):

Mrs. Del Mar here is just about ready to take off on our honeymoon, Ennis! **Let's see, where would I like to go honeymooning--how about Morocco, that sounds good!**

**I just wonder about that advice I got from Owl-livia. Get a job?? Nuh-huh, when I have this big hunkin man to support me! It won't be long before we're livin in Brooklyn, or sumthun like that!! An it will be no time at all before I give him a couple of sons who will adore and take care of me long after he's gone! **
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
((Lucise smiles with a glitter in his eyes ..))

I know what you mean about not being able to please everyone ..  sometimes, you gotta just do what you gotta do.  I think you are doing a fine job as a marketing advisor ..  and I'm not just saying that to flatter ya .. You're beautiful, i mean, you're doing a beautiful job! .. Umm, about the wine ...

.. It is a Chardonnay, I think.  The lady at the liquor store said that it'd be great with poultry, salad and cream sauces .. so I bought it.  Hope you  like it!  I had considered getting a cake or something from that Luc's Buns & Cakes Bakery over on Center Street, but the guy who owns it, I think his name is Lucas Indaloop or something .. well, he gives me the creeps ..

Please, help yerself, the food'll get cold ..

GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Guy picks up his fork carefully and digs into the garden salad... First he pierces the tantalizing shrimp and breaks off the tail with a practiced flick of the wrist. Suddenly a thought enters his mind.))

**I forgot to wash my hands, Lucise. I'll be right back.**

((He heads to the bathroom, and the world becomes unsure of his return.))
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ellemeno

** Look, OLWMA, I know you it ain't cheap.. to get married.  Maybe this will make it easier.  You can use my cousin Vera as a white wedding gown.

'Cause you know I sure Wang it out a hunderd times thinkin' about JBB you.  **

To:  Mr. TERRY CLOTH

Subject: Use of my name in vain

It has come to my attention that you have used my name in reference to a certain bodily act.  My attorneys assure me that if I should take you to court on this matter, we would beat you.  They say we would masticate you, and spit you out.  

Bearing this in mind, I ask that you refrain from tossing off my name that way.  I bear you no ill will.  In fact, I send you two bottles of my eponymous cologne.  Not sure what's in it - a sheep brought some by one day and said we could bottle it under our name....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....

(( TIMMY tries on his costume ))

** Now THIS is what I call a classy production.  Y'all made me a pair o' pants from the bottom up!  Goshdarn if they don't fit me like a second skin, and no buts about it!  Heh heh, get it?   No "butts" about it!  Heh heh heh heh!! **
Ich bin ein Brokie...