Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3184426 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3020 on: August 19, 2006, 04:21:55 am »
Your Author update:

Thanks to the Mund und Kiefer-Klinik at the Saarbrücken hospital, I have some powerful narcotics in hand now, and woke after several long naps feeling better enough to believe that the antibiotics may have reduced the pressure.  If I feel like this after my next nap I think I may survive and carry on to the next chapter.

I'll be back in a few hours after my next installment of last night's sleep.  Thank you for all of your good wishes and reassurances, and I'll be looking for new fanart too, to cheer me up... say one of those reach around crotch grabbing shots... that remains my favorite of all of yours, Lucise!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3021 on: August 19, 2006, 06:47:32 am »
Leslie yesterday I was sitting in a cafe and the guy in front me leaned over to reveal .... yup, the Calvin Klein lettering on the waist band of his undies. I had my mobile phone camera with me but I thought I might get arrested trying to take a photo up close! Are we inhabiting some kind of Twilight Zone here in which we are slowly being relocated into Laramie Land?

Maybe....maybe....the guy delivering my water the other day (a new guy...lots of turnover in that job!) was good looking. No fall over dead gorgeous but certainly attractive enough. And then as he hands me the invoice, he gave me this incredible smile with his big blue eyes and said "Thanks." I thought to myself, okay, we can cast you as an extra in the Red Stallion, that's just where you'll fit.

I don't tend to have cops and cowboys coming to my office, so maybe the UPS man will start looking like Ellery and the fedex guy like Ennis. Hmmmm

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3022 on: August 19, 2006, 07:05:13 am »
I am having a little Ennis and Ellery moment which I needed for 2100 posts! Yay!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3023 on: August 19, 2006, 10:01:03 am »
Your Author update:

Thanks to the Mund und Kiefer-Klinik at the Saarbrücken hospital, I have some powerful narcotics in hand now, and woke after several long naps feeling better enough to believe that the antibiotics may have reduced the pressure.  If I feel like this after my next nap I think I may survive and carry on to the next chapter.

I'll be back in a few hours after my next installment of last night's sleep.  Thank you for all of your good wishes and reassurances, and I'll be looking for new fanart too, to cheer me up... say one of those reach around crotch grabbing shots... that remains my favorite of all of yours, Lucise!

Louise,

It's good to know that you're feeling better. Hopefully when you get up from your nap your tooth is no longer bothering you. See ya later at the chat.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3024 on: August 19, 2006, 11:02:29 am »
Louise, I'm late getting here to say so but I sure hope you have the pain under control. It sounds as though you are doing better. And good luck Monday at the hospital.

My Ellery best-hair length would be between pastorfred's inner Ellery at the shortest (it took me a while to stop looking at his eyes, too!) and opinionista's avatar Ellery at the longest, with mainewriter's avatar being just about perfect. (You do have a knack for perfect avatars, Leslie. I hope you're taking good care of your Heath-in-hat while he's out of commission.  ;) )

Ellery's hair seems to be rather fine in texture, hence the tangling after he showers and the stringyness when it gets a little too long and perhaps hasn't been washed that day.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3025 on: August 19, 2006, 12:14:30 pm »
Update to "Shelter From the Storm"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/95458.html  "Chapter 75:  The One Who Cares"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3026 on: August 19, 2006, 02:49:40 pm »
At the risk of causing a revolt, I have to say that I personally do not care for the Ellery with the long, over-the-shoulders hair.

(In my mind, it's not quite that long either...)
 8)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3027 on: August 19, 2006, 02:51:28 pm »
I am sitting here in the office, staring out the window when a truck pulls up to the fish place downstairs (my office is on top of a wholesale fish business). It's a little refrigerated seafood truck, here to pick up their supplies for the fish market and on the side it says: CANTRELL SEAFOOD. LOL, I am not making this up! I wish I had a camera...

Leslie

Whoa...... crazy world.
 8)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3028 on: August 19, 2006, 06:29:00 pm »
Ijust watched "A Knights Tale" for the first time.     As the movie ended, I switched channels to catch the beginning of "Swordfish" with Hugh Jackman!   

Looks like it is an Ennis and Ellery weekend after all!!!!   :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3029 on: August 19, 2006, 06:30:27 pm »
Ijust watched "A Knights Tale" for the first time.     As the movie ended, I switched channels to catch the beginning of "Swordfish" with Hugh Jackman!   

Looks like it is an Ennis and Ellery weekend after all!!!!   :D

And what did you think of a Knight's Tale, David?