Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2159341 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Pink Dresses and Chocolate Bunnies (2)
« Reply #3230 on: February 29, 2008, 10:26:01 pm »
Pink Dresses and Chocolate Bunnies (2) by Littlewing1957

Ennis was walking to Woolworths to collect the roll of film Alma sent to be developed.  It was an expense that Ennis didn’t really approve, but he wanted to see his girls in their Easter finery again.  Ennis handed the claim check to the bored teenager and after the envelope was produced, he inspected the pictures.  They were great!  All of them came out!  Ennis paid for the pics and walked toward home.

He smiled when he thought about the picture of Alma Jr. and Jenny in his arms up on the landing.  He passed the post office and felt compelled to go in.  He placed the packet of photos on a counter and pulled out the picture of himself on the landing with the girls.  He was sure Alma wouldn’t miss it.  If she did, he could always say it didn’t come out.  Ennis purchased a mailer and placed the photo inside.  He addressed it, placed enough postage on the mailer and left for home.

Jack was in his bedroom when Lureen brought in his mail.  She didn’t say a word as she placed a cardboard mailer on the bed.  Jack picked up the stiff envelope and turned it over.  No return address.  He shrugged and opened the envelope.  Inside was a picture: a charming photo of Ennis Del Mar and two little girls in pink dresses.  Jack lowered the photo to his thigh and fought back a tear.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3231 on: March 01, 2008, 02:02:12 am »
Warning! The following chapter of the ongoing Jack with Ennis saga, "Right" may be considered too intense for some readers.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (82) by Toycoon
« Reply #3232 on: March 01, 2008, 02:03:31 am »
Right (82)

Everyone in the shop was absolutely aghast to see the menacing figure of Leroy, still dressed in his dirty tuxedo, bloody bandage taped across his face, weilding a revolver and standing in the doorway with Alan, reluctantly by his side; it was all too unreal to believe. Katie, Ennis, Raquel and Jack were frozen completely motionless. Peggy Ann was still sitting on Charlie's lap, afraid to breath or move. "Leroy, w-what are you doing here!?" cried Katie, quickly sobering up. "Please, honey, stop aiming that gun at her! You don't wanna to do that!" she pleaded.

"Shut the hell up!" he shouted. "You don't know nothin' bout me?! You think yer better then me 'cause you got pretty clothes and a fancy shop! You ain't shit! None a you are!" Raquel trembled as Leroy wildly gestured with the 45 in his hand then aimed it back at her. "Raquel, you think yer something special! You wouldn't even let me kiss you! Well, whattaya see in that guy!?" he bellowed, looking straight at Ennis and cocking back the trigger. "He's a queer! He cain't love you like I can!" Katie begged, "Leroy, please, t-think of your wife and your lil baby!"

"She ain't my wife!" he screamed. Peggy Ann hiccuped and slipped off her boyfriend's lap. She let out a yelp when she hit the floor. Leroy turned and fired the gun in her direction, missing her and hitting the shop's front window. The window shattered into a million pieces, raining down all over the sidewalk and the inside of the store.

The girls shrieked then Alan lunged at Leroy, grabbing the revolver with both hands and trying desperately to wrestle it away from him. The two men struggled for several seconds when the gun suddenly went off. Alan gripped his chest and sank to the floor face down. The blood pooled around him in a small circle, slowly soaking into his white dinner jacket; the gun lay by his lifeless hand. Leroy stood over him, incredulous to his actions. He began to weep like a frightened child, covering his mouth with his bloody hand. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Alan ... Alan," he whimpered, hopelessly. Leroy dropped to his knees and picking up the bloody gun, raised it in front of his face. A loud shotgun blast rang out and Leroy fell backward against a small table. The gold vase on the table toppled over, smashing on Leroy's head and spilling pink plastic roses all over Alan and him. Mr. Twist appeared at the rear of the shop, holding a smoking .30-30 rifle. "You folks alright?! That sonofabitch hurt any a' you?! Shee-it! What in the hell happened here?!"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 03:40:53 am by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (81) & (82)
« Reply #3233 on: March 01, 2008, 03:19:38 am »
Evenin', Little, Toy.

Well, Shi-i-it is right! They were all having a right fine time, when Leroy and Alan entered from stage right. Leroy spilled the beans right away. Peggy Ann fell right off Charlie's lap.  Alan finally did the right thing, and got it right in the chest.  Leroy picked up the pistol and held it right in front of his face and got a shotgun blast right to his right side and he fell causing the vase to fall right on him.  And then OMT walked right in. 

Now, when the smoke and confusion clears, nothing else needs to be taken care of, right? Not so fast... there's still what Leroy said and the rest of them heard, and OMT, and the police, and Mrs. T pacing the floor at home, and Ennis and Jack having to talk things through, and ... my head's swimming, things just got more complicated, think I need a pull from the bottle of Old Rose lying on its side right in front of me. 

The Dakotas are looking better and better. Right?

Thanks again. 

Dagi

Re: Right (82) by Toycoon
« Reply #3234 on: March 01, 2008, 04:11:11 pm »
Right (82)

Everyone in the shop was absolutely aghast to see the menacing figure of Leroy, still dressed in his dirty tuxedo, bloody bandage taped across his face, wielding a revolver and standing in the doorway with Alan, reluctantly by his side; it was all too unreal to believe. Katie, Ennis, Raquel and Jack were frozen completely motionless. Peggy Ann was still sitting on Charlie's lap, afraid to breath or move. "Leroy, w-what are you doing here!?" cried Katie, quickly sobering up. "Please, honey, stop aiming that gun at her! You don't wanna to do that!" she pleaded.

"Shut the hell up!" he shouted. "You don't know nothin' bout me?! You think yer better then me 'cause you got pretty clothes and a fancy shop! You ain't shit! None a you are!" Raquel trembled as Leroy wildly gestured with the 45 in his hand then aimed it back at her. "Raquel, you think yer something special! You wouldn't even let me kiss you! Well, whattaya see in that guy!?" he bellowed, looking straight at Ennis and cocking back the trigger. "He's a queer! He cain't love you like I can!" Katie begged, "Leroy, please, t-think of your wife and your lil baby!"

"She ain't my wife!" he screamed. Peggy Ann hiccuped and slipped off her boyfriend's lap. She let out a yelp when she hit the floor. Leroy turned and fired the gun in her direction, missing her and hitting the shop's front window. The window shattered into a million pieces, raining down all over the sidewalk and the inside of the store.

The girls shrieked then Alan lunged at Leroy, grabbing the revolver with both hands and trying desperately to wrestle it away from him. The two men struggled for several seconds when the gun suddenly went off. Alan gripped his chest and sank to the floor face down. The blood pooled around him in a small circle, slowly soaking into his white dinner jacket; the gun lay by his lifeless hand. Leroy stood over him, incredulous to his actions. He began to weep like a frightened child, covering his mouth with his bloody hand. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Alan ... Alan," he whimpered, hopelessly. Leroy dropped to his knees and picking up the bloody gun, raised it in front of his face. A loud shotgun blast rang out and Leroy fell backward against a small table. The gold vase on the table toppled over, smashing on Leroy's head and spilling pink plastic roses all over Alan and him. Mr. Twist appeared at the rear of the shop, holding a smoking .30-30 rifle. "You folks alright?! That sonofabitch hurt any a' you?! Shee-it! What in the hell happened here?!"

:P :P :P So much blood. Wasn't this supposed to be a love story?  :o ;D Hope things are turning in a positive direction for our boys now. Golly Toycoon, you sure know how to build up the tension. Littlewing, hurry up!  :D

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Easter Suits and Cowboy Hats
« Reply #3235 on: March 01, 2008, 04:14:46 pm »
Easter Suits and Cowboy Hats by Littlewing1957

His son was a blessing from the Lord.  He couldn't be with Ennis, but he could be with and enjoy his own creature.  Nothing more spiritual than that!

What a wonderful way to convey Jack's caring and loving nature. Sweet little piece, thank you Marie.  :)

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Pink Dresses and Chocolate Bunnies
« Reply #3236 on: March 01, 2008, 04:21:50 pm »
Pink Dresses and Chocolate Bunnies by Littlewing1957

Easter was just around the corner and he wanted to do something special for the girls.

And Ennis, what shall I say, he's one of the best fathers in the world. Another heartwarming  scene.

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right 82
« Reply #3237 on: March 01, 2008, 06:38:12 pm »
Hi Dagi,
I'm sorry that this chapter was so gory but it was bound to happen at some point or another. Truth is nothing really changes unless a little blood is shed. I think you'll see a turn in the storyline now. Things can only get better from here on out. You'll see! We hope to return to romantic drama soon.

Dagi

« Reply #3238 on: March 01, 2008, 07:54:13 pm »
Romantic drama. Sounds great!!  :D :D :D

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3239 on: March 01, 2008, 09:30:32 pm »
Warning! The following chapter of the ongoing Jack with Ennis saga, "Right" may be considered too intense for some readers.

Uh oh, I can't wait!