Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705100 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Guy tries to gently remove his hand from Jack's grip, but after a second, jerks it free, grimacing in embarassment. He looks up at Jack Twist.))

**Well of course, I've seen you around before... You're one of the stars.**

((Guy finds himself looking into deep blue azure eyes and realizes that he's never been this close to him before.))

**I... I'm Guy Raphaelson.... the Marketing.... Advisor.**

((Guy is completely overcome by that crystal blue gaze fixed on him with a curious intensity.))

**I'm sorry, Jack Twist. I think... I might need... to.... to sit down for a moment.**

((THUD!))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:03:51 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack tries to catch Guy as he falls, but doesn't quite make it before Guy's head lands on his boot.))

%% At least its better than the ground. Why tha hell this always happenin' to me? %%

((Jack gently lifts Guy up to his feet, trying to shake him back awake.))

%% Oh wait, you're not supposed ta do that. %%

((Jack looks around for someone to help him, slowly laying Guy out on the ground.))

**Anyone around here?**

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

((  At this point, a confused TERRY CLOTH is unsure if ENNIS is asleep at home with ALMA or still at the wedding reception and not the only one passed out on the floor from the stress of it all.  Nonetheless, TERRY CLOTH knows that ENNIS needs him almost as much as TERRY CLOTH needs JBB.  A bit freaked out himself by recent events and having no idea in the world where JBB might be, TERRY CLOTH slips away from snoring OWLMA, risking ruffling her feathers, and goes to his beloved pal ENNIS to offer what comfort he can.  ))

((  TERRY CLOTH and ENNIS sleep the sleep of the bewildered, dreaming dreams to be stoked and slid forward in the coming years.  ))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:41:39 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....

((Escaping from the press photographers, the High Priestess passes through the room where all the wedding gifts are displayed))

** I really must pick up little Ollie from Celeste and be getting back to my chambers to recover from all this to-do....Why, what's this?  A man passed out on the floor?! **

((YOUNG JACK starts to explain, but Meryl cuts him short))

** Quick, don't just stand there, loosen his clothing! **

((As YOUNG JACK unbuttons GUY's shirt, the High Priestess opens her bag and whips out the bottle of Sacred Sage Smelling Salts she is never without.  Kneeling next to GUY, she waves the salts under his nose and pats his cheek.  His eyes flutter open.))

** There!  Now let's help him onto that sofa. **

((Together, Meryl and YOUNG JACK help GUY sit up and lift him onto the sofa.  YOUNG JACK sits next to him, takes off his hat, and gently fans GUY while looking anxiously into his face.  This is too much for GUY, who proceeds to faint again.))

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline DeeDee

((  At this point, a confused TERRY CLOTH is unsure if ENNIS is asleep at home with ALMA or still at the wedding reception and not the only one passed out on the floor from the stress of it all.  Nonetheless, TERRY CLOTH knows that ENNIS needs him almost as much as TERRY CLOTH needs JBB.  A bit freaked out himself by recent events and having no idea in the world where JBB might be, TERRY CLOTH slips away from snoring OWLMA, risking ruffling her feathers, and goes to his beloved pal ENNIS to offer what comfort he can.  ))

((  TERRY CLOTH and ENNIS sleep the sleep of the bewildered, dreaming dreams to be stoked and slid forward in the coming years.  ))

zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

%% Jack... Terry....Jack....Terry....%%
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

(( When TERRY CLOTH awakens, he will be glad to see that the HIGHLY FASHIONABLE PRIESTESS is fully dressed again and regalia-ing everyone with her humor, even if she might be slipping the occasional Sacred Wedding Gift into her pocket.  Her posts were getting a little, shall we say, cheeky for a while and TERRY CLOTH was feeling a little in-TIMMY-idated.   ;)  ))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 10:52:35 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

((Escaping from the press photographers, the High Priestess passes through the room where all the wedding gifts are displayed))

** I really must pick up little Ollie from Celeste and be getting back to my chambers to recover from all this to-do....Why, what's this?  A man passed out on the floor?! **

((YOUNG JACK starts to explain, but Meryl cuts him short))

** Quick, don't just stand there, loosen his clothing! **

((As YOUNG JACK unbuttons GUY's shirt, the High Priestess opens her bag and whips out the bottle of Sacred Sage Smelling Salts she is never without.  Kneeling next to GUY, she waves the salts under his nose and pats his cheek.  His eyes flutter open.))

** There!  Now let's help him onto that sofa. **

((Together, Meryl and YOUNG JACK help GUY sit up and lift him onto the sofa.  YOUNG JACK sits next to him, takes off his hat, and gently fans GUY while looking anxiously into his face.  This is too much for GUY, who proceeds to faint again.))

YOUNG JACK:

((YOUNG JACK transfers his anxious gaze from GUY to Meryl, the HIGH PRIESTESS.))

**You reckon we should call someone... maybe try to get 'em home?**

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
(( A bit freaked out himself by recent events and having no idea in the world where JBB might be, TERRY CLOTH slips away from snoring OWLMA, risking ruffling her feathers, and goes to his beloved pal ENNIS to offer what comfort he can.  ))

((Owl Olivia who, less than thrilled with the lover skills of her husband, had fallen asleep, wakes up alone in her posh honeymoon suite and begins to ask herself how in the hell she could have married such a Waschlappen*…))

* Waschlappen: German for "warshrag" = cream puff / loser / coward / eunuch (fig.)

%% Oh dear. Poor old ragged Terry cloth! He sure is well past his peak. But then, silly me. What exactly did I expect? Maybe some starch would help him? Well, that’s all not my problem. Main thing is, he fulfills his other duties!
Boy, do I look forward do visit my Oscar! %%

((A little later in the owl-partment))

Offline DeeDee

**SCENE: Ennis working on the highway the summer after the wedding with TIMMY, a friend Alma's family.**

YOUNG ENNIS:

%% Boy, if this ain't tha worse job ever.  Damn summer heat and the smelll a this blacktop, makin' me sick.  I sure do miss the cool mornin's and fresh air up on Brokeback.  Miss my Jack mostly.  Wish this guy would shut his trap.   Can't get a word in mostly.%%

So, ya hear me an' Alma's gonna have a child come September? 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:49:59 pm by DeeDee »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
TIMMY:

%% Oh man, I can't believe this is really it!  When I walked outta my trailer and took a gander at YOUNG ENNIS warmin' up:

my heart was like t' jump right outta my chest, not to mention somethin' wantin' to jump right outta my pants!  Hoo-eee!! ((Takes a deep breath)) Well, here goes nothin'... %%

** Well, I'll be dogged, boy, I didn't know yer little lady was in the family way!  That's a blessin' and no mistake!  No wonder yer out here sweatin' yer ass off shovelin' asphalt.  Those baby birds need a lotta worms, I tell ya, a lotta worms!  You'll be needin' every blessed cent you can make, lemme tell ya.    My old lady, ever' time she had a bun in the oven, she'd tell me, "Daddy, it's feedin' time," and I knew just what she meant.  Heh heh, "Daddy, it's feedin' time..." 

Yep, those li'l buggers'll eat y' outta house n'home in no time flat.  You'll be out here breakin' yer back for a good long time t'come, son, and no mistake.  Aw, now, don't go lookin' so down in the mouth, boy, it's not like they ain't some good stuff to boot.  Those babies'll steal yer heart in no time.  One look outta those baby blue eyes n' you'll be as lost as a lamb.... Lemme tell y'about how my boy n'me went out huntin' one time..... **

Ich bin ein Brokie...