Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9044021 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13300 on: November 09, 2014, 12:46:14 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

So how is everyone doing??

It's a kind of "holiday parade" at my apartment.  I've taken down the Halloween decorations, put up the Thanksgiving flag in the window, and my packages of things I've ordered for people for Christmas have started to arrive.  :)

Slept in today, did some cleaning, and had a Charmed mini-marathon.

:)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13301 on: November 09, 2014, 12:50:06 am »
Speaking of Charmed, do you remember when I posted this?

Then I found this item, but I will NOT be buying it.  :laugh:

This is the Limited Deluxe Edition boxed set for Charmed.   It has all 8 seasons on DVD, but the box is a replica of the Book of Shadows, the book the housed all the spells the sisters used.  As you can see from the pic, one page has a spell, while the next has a season's worth of DVDs.

I already have all 8 seasons on DVD, I got them individually, as they were released.  This is now going for about $450.00 online, and I can't justify spending $500.00 or so for something I already have.

I really did want this, so every so often I have searched Ebay.  Today with only a few hours left, I found it.  It's in new/never played condition.....with one difference.  The packages for $500.00 were still sealed in the plastic wrap.  This one was opened.  Most collectors only want a sealed item.  I intended on opening mine anyway, so the fact the wrap was missing was not problem for me.

I won it for $200.00, $300.00 less than the asking price from other sellers.  I'm so psyched!

One fan uploaded a video of his copy to YouTube, it's about 3 minutes long, but he goes through page py page to show it off.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThZ4do03Nc[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13302 on: November 09, 2014, 04:15:56 am »
 I intended on opening mine anyway, so the fact the wrap was missing was not problem for me.
I won it for $200.00, $300.00 less than the asking price from other sellers.  I'm so psyched!

Whoo-hoo! What a sweat deal, congrats! It's bargains like that which make ebay so successful. The reward center in our brains jumps right into action :laugh:
Long before ebay I once bought a limited art print with gold plating for a tenth of its regular price because it had dirty fingerprints on the backside. I framed it and hung it on the wall anyway, I couldn't care less about fingerprints on the backside.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13303 on: November 09, 2014, 08:33:36 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

So how is everyone doing??

Was busy today, cleaned the apartment, washed all the dishes, took out the garbage, did some vacuuming, and did the laundry.  I also found Christmas presents for Mom online and got them.

Now I'm catching up here, then time to shower and shave before Walking Dead comes on.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13304 on: November 10, 2014, 09:13:33 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

So, how is everyone as a new work week begins?

Office is quiet, and I'm hoping it stays that way!  My coworker (Pamela) took today off so she could have a four-day weekend (tomorrow is Veteran's Day - bank holiday) so today I'm running the show!

I'm hoping to leave on time, so to ensure my customers cooperate with this, I sent an email out to them last Thursday, reminding them that Tuesday we're closed, and if the have any transactions they want done, to get them to me before 3:00.

This should help....if they listen to me!   :laugh:

Not much new here, so it's the status quo at the moment.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13305 on: November 12, 2014, 09:15:02 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

I'm in the mood for a donut!

How is everyone today?

My day off was nice, it's always good to have a break!  Next week I'm off Monday again!  :)

Work is picking up slightly before the holidays, but that's not unusual.

Christmas gifts continue to arrive at my apartment, I'm thinking the weekend after Thanksgiving I'll buy some giftwrap and start wrapping them.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13306 on: November 13, 2014, 09:03:45 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Work has been crazy the past few days.....strange requests, sudden projects, deadlines that need extentions, later hours.....I don't get it!

It's getting frustrating, and today seems to be more of the same.  I opened up one of the applications I use to check on accounts, and there are 10 'tasks' that I need to do, that have never been there before, so now I must try to figure out what all this is.

::)

I'm glad I took Monday off, a rest day is in order.  LOL

How is everyone else?

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13307 on: November 13, 2014, 11:20:01 am »
I haven't been able to do much work lately because my Mom has gotten her meds all messed up and needs almost daily help. Yesterday, I had to go out in 5 degree weather to bring her a new prescription. When I got there she kept saying "I can't find my..." but she couldn't remember the name of the missing item. I was playing Charades with her trying to figure it out and ransacking the apartment, not knowing what I was looking for. I finally looked at her closely and realized with a sinking heart that it was her false teeth she was missing. This is the second time in 6 months that she's lost her teeth. And I have no idea where to look!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13308 on: November 13, 2014, 12:23:32 pm »
This is the second time in 6 months that she's lost her teeth. And I have no idea where to look!

Sure you do. You're a Sherlockian. Just keep calm and think logically. Where would one be likely to take out one's false teeth?

I'm sorry to hear about this, though.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13309 on: November 13, 2014, 12:28:11 pm »
Unfortunately, Sherlockian principles of deduction don't work on a person suffering from dementia.  :-\ But I did look in the garbage disposal, around her bed, on the table by her recliner, etc. No luck.
"chewing gum and duct tape"