Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170773 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Right (53)
« Reply #2860 on: December 10, 2007, 10:57:33 pm »
Loved the sexy start!  ;D  The tension is building up. Thanks for writing, Marie! You are so good to us.

Dagi

Dagi, thanks so much!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right (53)
« Reply #2861 on: December 10, 2007, 11:01:32 pm »
Gorgeous sexy chapter littlewing!  And I'm intrigued to see where your taking us with this Alan Sims fella .... although I'm more interested in finding out what happens next in the basement  ;)

Susie  :)

Thanks, SusieBaby.  I can't wait to write what happens next, but given our restrictions, it'll have to be PG-13, I suppose.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The christmas Present (2)
« Reply #2862 on: December 10, 2007, 11:02:54 pm »

Awww sweetie!  :-*  I'm sorry to hear that you've been a little down in the dumps ... not surprising though, it seems like you've had one thing after another to contend with.  I hope you're recovering from your accident honey.... sending you lots of love and cuddles!!

{{{{{littlewing}}}}}

Susie  :-* :-*

Awww Susiebaby, you are so sweet!  I don't know what I would do without you.  I'm much better, Love.  I'm getting better everyday!  :-*

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right (54) by Toycoon
« Reply #2863 on: December 11, 2007, 04:04:34 am »
Right (54) by Toycoon

Ennis opened the door to his basement room and pulled the chain for the light. He stood in the doorway for a few moments looking around the room while the chain swung back and forth. His room. He almost could not believe it; for the first time in his life, he had his own room. There was a twin bed with a quilt, a dresser, an old rocking chair and a night stand with a lamp. The hot water heater, a utility sink and the furnace rounded out the atmosphere of the room.  In truth, the accommodations weren't much but at least he didn't have to share it with anyone, lest of all, his brother, K.E. Ennis and his brother were constantly at odds with one another, fighting and arguing about everything from soup to nuts.

Ennis walked over to the bed, sat and took off his boots then set them side by side on the floor. He unbuttoned his flannel shirt and carefully hung it on the back of the rocker. Ennis pulled off the trousers Jack lent him, folded and draped them on the arm of the chair then shuffled back to the bed. He reached over to turn on the lamp on the night stand and got under the covers; the furnace kept it toasty in the room.

He closed his eyes and began to think about God, something he'd never done in the past. Ennis pictured the crucifix hanging on the wall of Mrs. Twist's kitchen and wondered if God ever thought about him.  About him and Jack. He couldn't be sure but things did seem to be changing since he'd met Jack. Ennis sent up a silent prayer for his good fortune just the same. Suddenly, there was a light rapping at the door. Ennis smiled and said, "Come in." The door swung open and Jack stood in the doorway wearing baggy, striped pajamas, grinning sheepishly, with a twinkle in his eye. "Hey," he said softly. "Hey," said Ennis, lifting the quilt and motioning him to his side. Jack stepped in, closed the door behind him and yanked the chain that turned off the light. He crawled in to the tiny bed with Ennis and into his welcoming arms. Ennis switched off the lamp beside the bed. They found each other's lips in the dark and held one another as though there was no tomorrow then slipped into a contented sleep.

"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Right (54) by Toycoon
« Reply #2864 on: December 11, 2007, 08:41:57 am »
Right (54) by Toycoon

Ennis opened the door to his basement room and pulled the chain for the light. He stood in the doorway for a few moments looking around the room while the chain swung back and forth. His room. He almost could not believe it; for the first time in his life, he had his own room. There was a twin bed with a quilt, a dresser, an old rocking chair and a night stand with a lamp. The hot water heater, a utility sink and the furnace rounded out the atmosphere of the room.  In truth, the accommodations weren't much but at least he didn't have to share it with anyone, lest of all, his brother, K.E. Ennis and his brother were constantly at odds with one another, fighting and arguing about everything from soup to nuts.

Ennis walked over to the bed, sat and took off his boots then set them side by side on the floor. He unbuttoned his flannel shirt and carefully hung it on the back of the rocker. Ennis pulled off the trousers Jack lent him, folded and draped them on the arm of the chair then shuffled back to the bed. He reached over to turn on the lamp on the night stand and got under the covers; the furnace kept it toasty in the room.

He closed his eyes and began to think about God, something he'd never done in the past. Ennis pictured the crucifix hanging on the wall of Mrs. Twist's kitchen and wondered if God ever thought about him.  About him and Jack. He couldn't be sure but things did seem to be changing since he'd met Jack. Ennis sent up a silent prayer for his good fortune just the same. Suddenly, there was a light rapping at the door. Ennis smiled and said, "Come in." The door swung open and Jack stood in the doorway wearing baggy, striped pajamas, grinning sheepishly, with a twinkle in his eye. "Hey," he said softly. "Hey," said Ennis, lifting the quilt and motioning him to his side. Jack stepped in, closed the door behind him and yanked the chain that turned off the light. He crawled in to the tiny bed with Ennis and into his welcoming arms. Ennis switched off the lamp beside the bed. They found each other's lips in the dark and held one another as though there was no tomorrow then slipped into a contented sleep.

What a sweet continuation....so consoling that Ennis seems to feel at home in the Twist house. Thanks for writing this heartwarming tale, Toycoon and Littlewing!

DAgi

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Christmas Present (3)
« Reply #2865 on: December 11, 2007, 06:59:03 pm »
Ennis del Mar had spent most of his life and almost all of his young adult life living in fear of John Twist, or at least men like him, those that would hate him for what he was, a queer.  He knew deep down he was queer, even though he had told Jack different back on the Mountain, ‘cause he couldn’t even admit it to himself, was ashamed of it, thought it made him less of a man, and thought it would drive Jack away.  So he talked to men like that only when he had to, and when he passed them on the street, or rode by them on a ranch, he could feel their accusing eyes boring into him, and he kept his eyes cast firmly on the ground, so he could see where he was going all the time and avoid letting anyone inside him. 

But the past summer changed him, brought him life and love in the form of Jack Twist, a person, a man, who loved him for who and what he was.  That love wormed its way deep into his heart before he could do anything about it, and made him look up for the first time, look up into deep blue eyes, look up to see where he could go and not just down to see where he was going.   They had never said the words until today, Christmas Eve, but he had known it for months.  He realized that Jack’s love was a gift given to him freely, he had accepted that gift and he would not turn away or dishonor that gift, ever. 

When Mr. Twist spoke, Ennis saw the look in Jack’s eyes, fear and love mixed, as his eyes moved from his man in front of him to the man behind.  No sir, no time to back down, not now. They’d both come too far. 

Slowly Ennis turned around, aware of the three pairs of eyes fixed on him, and looked at Jack’s father.  That’s when Jack gave him another gift.

“Dad, this here’s Ennis del Mar, my best friend and my…partner,” Jack told his father without flinching. 

Ennis stuck out his hand in greeting,  “Nice to meetcha, sir,” he said to Mr. Twist, looking at him. 

“Partner, huh? Since when do ya have a best friend and partner?” responded his father while ignoring Ennis’ hand.  Ennis let it hang there a few seconds, and then withdrew it, and looked down at his boots out of habit. 

“That’s right, Dad, best friend and partner,”  and lover, and the one I’m spending the rest of my life with,  "since last summer on the Mountain."

Partner.

“Thought you were gettin married this month, del Mar,” said Mr. Twist, finally acknowledging Ennis’ presence before him.  “Where’s your wife?”

“Don’t have one, sir,” responded Ennis.  He looked up again right at Mr. Twist.  “Couldn’t promise Alma I’d love her for the rest of my days, and thought it best not to make a promise I couldn’t keep, so I didn’t marry her.  Guess I’m not the marryin kind, sir, at least not with Alma.  After that, decided to come up here and see Jack.” And hope he would remember me and still care for me like we did on the Mountain.

Mr. Twist looked hard at Ennis, and then at Jack, and then back at Ennis.  “Well, good thing to do, del Mar, a man don’t make promises he can’t keep, like stayin around when ya got no real plans ta do it,”  Mr. Twist said to the both of them.  Jack blushed a little bit, and his mouth hardened that same little bit.  But he still looked at his father. 

Mr. Twist held out his hand slowly.  “If Andy Murchison likes ya enough to hire ya and trust ya with his truck, you’re ok with me.” 

Ennis took his hand and gripped it, giving back as good as he got.  Mr. Twist looked again at Ennis, and then at Jack, and then at Mrs. Twist.  Something passed between husband and wife; Jack missed it, ‘cause he’d never seen it before and didn’t know what to look for.  Ennis had only known them for five minutes, and had no clue. 

That’s when Mr. Twist gave Jack the first real Christmas present of his short life.  As he dropped Ennis’ hand, Mr. Twist continued, “And, any friend and partner of Jack’s is welcome in our home.”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The christmas Present (2)
« Reply #2866 on: December 11, 2007, 11:10:22 pm »
Phew! ..... so happy to hear you're feeling a little better!!  {{{{{littlewing}}}}}

Yes!  Thanks, SusieBaby!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #2867 on: December 11, 2007, 11:21:16 pm »
Ennis del Mar had spent most of his life and almost all of his young adult life living in fear of John Twist, or at least men like him, those that would hate him for what he was, a queer.  He knew deep down he was queer, even though he had told Jack different back on the Mountain, ‘cause he couldn’t even admit it to himself, was ashamed of it, thought it made him less of a man, and thought it would drive Jack away.  So he talked to men like that only when he had to, and when he passed them on the street, or rode by them on a ranch, he could feel their accusing eyes boring into him, and he kept his eyes cast firmly on the ground, so he could see where he was going all the time and avoid letting anyone inside him. 

But the past summer changed him, brought him life and love in the form of Jack Twist, a person, a man, who loved him for who and what he was.  That love wormed its way deep into his heart before he could do anything about it, and made him look up for the first time, look up into deep blue eyes, look up to see where he could go and not just down to see where he was going.   They had never said the words until today, Christmas Eve, but he had known it for months.  He realized that Jack’s love was a gift given to him freely, he had accepted that gift and he would not turn away or dishonor that gift, ever. 

When Mr. Twist spoke, Ennis saw the look in Jack’s eyes, fear and love mixed, as his eyes moved from his man in front of him to the man behind.  No sir, no time to back down, not now. They’d both come too far. 

Slowly Ennis turned around, aware of the three pairs of eyes fixed on him, and looked at Jack’s father.  That’s when Jack gave him another gift.

“Dad, this here’s Ennis del Mar, my best friend and my…partner,” Jack told his father without flinching. 

Ennis stuck out his hand in greeting,  “Nice to meetcha, sir,” he said to Mr. Twist, looking at him. 

“Partner, huh? Since when do ya have a best friend and partner?” responded his father while ignoring Ennis’ hand.  Ennis let it hang there a few seconds, and then withdrew it, and looked down at his boots out of habit. 

“That’s right, Dad, best friend and partner,”  and lover, and the one I’m spending the rest of my life with,  "since last summer on the Mountain."

Partner.

“Thought you were gettin married this month, del Mar,” said Mr. Twist, finally acknowledging Ennis’ presence before him.  “Where’s your wife?”

“Don’t have one, sir,” responded Ennis.  He looked up again right at Mr. Twist.  “Couldn’t promise Alma I’d love her for the rest of my days, and thought it best not to make a promise I couldn’t keep, so I didn’t marry her.  Guess I’m not the marryin kind, sir, at least not with Alma.  After that, decided to come up here and see Jack.” And hope he would remember me and still care for me like we did on the Mountain.

Mr. Twist looked hard at Ennis, and then at Jack, and then back at Ennis.  “Well, good thing to do, del Mar, a man don’t make promises he can’t keep, like stayin around when ya got no real plans ta do it,”  Mr. Twist said to the both of them.  Jack blushed a little bit, and his mouth hardened that same little bit.  But he still looked at his father. 

Mr. Twist held out his hand slowly.  “If Andy Murchison likes ya enough to hire ya and trust ya with his truck, you’re ok with me.” 

Ennis took his hand and gripped it, giving back as good as he got.  Mr. Twist looked again at Ennis, and then at Jack, and then at Mrs. Twist.  Something passed between husband and wife; Jack missed it, ‘cause he’d never seen it before and didn’t know what to look for.  Ennis had only known them for five minutes, and had no clue. 

That’s when Mr. Twist gave Jack the first real Christmas present of his short life.  As he dropped Ennis’ hand, Mr. Twist continued, “And, any friend and partner of Jack’s is welcome in our home.”

cwby30, the 3rd installment of The Christmas present is a gift to all of us!  Exceptional, cwby30!  I even like Mr. Twist in your charming tale.  And Ennis finally accepting himself for who he truly is!  We can't ask for any better than that!  I hope you continue on with The Christmas Present, cwby30.  I'm enjoying it no end!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right (55) By Littlewing1957
« Reply #2868 on: December 12, 2007, 12:10:02 am »
Right (55) By Littlewing1957

“No, stay with me, please!” Ennis whispered to his lover as he sensed him pulling away.  “We don’t have to do anything, just hold onto me, Jack.  I’m cold and I’m feelin' lonely.”  Ennis’ voice broke as he pleaded with Jack to stay with him.  Jack moved closer to his man and slipped a firm arm around his neck.  With his other hand Jack traced Ennis’ jaw line in the dark.  “I won’t leave,” Jack whispered.  “I was just turning over to give you more room.”  “I don’t need any more room,” Ennis stated as he pulled Jack even closer.  It was along about 3:00a.m., and Jack was so close to Ennis that he threatened to bore right into him. Ennis wouldn’t have it any other way. Warm and secure, Ennis and Jack once again fell into a deep sleep. 

Mr. Twist sat on the edge of his bed and watched his wife sleep.  He was not of a particularly amorous nature, but some nights he felt the old stirrings.  His wife just had an operation to remove her private parts, and could not accommodate him.  John Twist knew it was wrong, but he wondered if Jack would tolerate him one last time.  He knew he was taking an enormous chance; there was every danger that Jack would beat the tar out of him.  But the urge was just too strong!  Mr. Twist rose from his bed and walked down the hall to Jack’s room.  He didn’t knock, but opened the door and walked right in.  He found Jack’s bed in the dark and placed a tentative hand on the quilt to locate his son’s warm body.  Hmmm, the bed seemed cold.  Mr. Twist allowed his eyes to adjust to the gloom and saw that Jack was not in his bed.  He stomped his foot on the cold floor in a near rage and returned to his own room.

Ennis and Jack slept peacefully in Ennis’ small bed, but they weren’t really alone.  Alan Sims was driving by the ranch on the way to his mother’s place when he saw Ennis walking down to the Twist's basement.  Alan pulled over to the side of the ranch and killed his engine.  He couldn’t believe that the holy rolling Twists would allow Jack to keep his lover under their roof.  The thought of Jack and his partner breaking bread with Jack’s parents fascinated Alan no end.  He remembered happier days when Jack was still his friend, and they would play down in that very same basement.  Alan parked and watched Ennis.  He could certainly see what Jack saw in him.  Yes, that young fella was a looker, no doubt.  It was late, it was cold, but Alan couldn’t leave.  He had a feeling that something was about to happen.  And sure enough, after about 15 minutes, Alan spied Jack as he left the house and headed down to the basement.  Alan waited until Jack was safely inside the basement room and left his car.  He moved like a thief in the night as he approached the basement, and peered inside the tiny window.  Alan fought to contain his jealously as he saw Ennis and Jack pressed together.  Nothing much he could do about it right then, though.  He was just about to turn and leave when he heard an angry voice behind him, “What are you doing here?” 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:41:18 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2869 on: December 12, 2007, 12:59:00 am »
Well howdy cwby30. Lovin' your third chapter of the Christmas Present.
It's true, you've even managed to make Old Man Twist reasonable and decent. Bravo!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero