Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170237 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Journey's End
« Reply #3100 on: January 25, 2008, 08:05:04 pm »
Strange how such grand stillness could contain this wonderful velocity, and how such velvety darkness could open up to reveal that golden, effulgent Light, which even now, as he somehow knew, was welcoming him Home...

Very lovely, Scott, and so soothing to read. I suppose all of our writings will take a more somber tone as a result of recent events. Maybe I should welcome the change in mood. Thank you for contributing so kindly. I know we all could use something to help ease us back to the world of the living but I'm not certain I'm ready yet...
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3101 on: January 25, 2008, 08:11:26 pm »
I just picked up the latest issue of People magazine. It has a great picture of heath Ledger on the front. The part that breaks my heart is seeing the dates; 1979-2008 beside his name. It's absolutely terrible to see.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Let's Take a Walk
« Reply #3102 on: January 26, 2008, 09:34:40 pm »
Let's Take a Walk By Littlewing1957

“Been a long time, dad!”  It was Jenny Del-Mar Mills, sitting right next to her father on his over-stuffed sofa.  “Too long, baby,” Ennis answered as he took his youngest child’s hand in his.  Ennis studied his daughter.  The years had been kind to her.  She was very well dressed, and looked well fed.  She was also about 6 months along.  Ennis glanced at his child’s belly.  He couldn’t believe that he would soon have 4 grandchildren!  “How you feelin?”  Ennis asked her with great concern.  This child was not Jenny’s first, and her previous pregnancy had not been an easy one.  Ennis remembered being in the waiting room when Jenny delivered little Sanders.  His grandson barely made it into the world.  “I’m doing okay.” Jenny’s voice was mild.  “Doctor says I should have it easy this time around.”  Ennis smiled and nodded.  He was feeling better about everything.

Jenny looked around her father’s living room.  It was modest, but certainly a big step up from his trailer.  Jenny folded her hands over her belly and clasped them together.  She was as shy as her dad: never one to carry on a chatty conversation.  But there was really no need.  The silence between them was anything but awkward.  Where Ennis and Alma Jr. had a more vocal relationship, his dealings with Jenny were more cerebral, almost psychic.  It was not always so.  Jenny was a wanderer.  But when she met and married Graydon Mills, everything seemed to fall into place.  Ennis found himself walking his baby daughter down the aisle, and since then, he couldn’t get rid of her.  Ennis didn’t mind – he loved having her around.  But just last year Graydon’s job transferred him to Colorado, thus Jenny’s visits were less frequent.  Six months was longer than Jenny could take being away from her dad.  She had to see him, and brought her family along.  Graydon and little Sanders were visiting with Alma and Monroe. 

Ennis looked out the window at his neighborhood.  It was a beautiful spring afternoon.  The wind was high, but carried on it the scent of pine and flowers in bloom.  “Let’s take a walk, dad!” Jenny blurted, as though she had read his mind. “It is so nice outside!  Let’s go walk in the park and watch the children play.”  Ennis chuckled and rose from the couch.  “Let me buy you an ice cream?” He asked, as he pulled on his jacket.  “I would like that very much!” Jenny answered as she donned her sweater.  Ennis grabbed his keys from his small desk and gestured for his child.  He offered his arm, and they walked down to the park, not a word spoken.  No words needed.

Dagi

« Reply #3103 on: January 27, 2008, 12:56:42 pm »
I just picked up the latest issue of People magazine. It has a great picture of heath Ledger on the front. The part that breaks my heart is seeing the dates; 1979-2008 beside his name. It's absolutely terrible to see.

:( :( :(

{{{{{{toycoon}}}}}} Feeling any better today, sweetie?

I´ll read your last installment later, Marie,, right now I have a painting kid on my lap. :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3104 on: January 27, 2008, 01:24:04 pm »
{{{{{{toycoon}}}}}} Feeling any better today, sweetie?

Hello Dagi,
Actually, I am feeling a bit better today. I spoke to, of all people, BannerHill (from IMDb) last night. We had a nice, three hour chat. It's always wonderful to talk to another of the Broken. It made all the difference in the world. He reminded me that no matter what happens, we always have Brokeback Mountain. The mysteries and questions about the story are eternal and the sentiments will forever be etched into our psyches. We'll always have Brokeback Mountain, and we can thank Heath for that. Thank God for giving us Heath, even for just a little while.

Love and hope for everyone,
Toycoon

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Let's Take a Walk
« Reply #3105 on: January 27, 2008, 01:28:05 pm »
“Let me buy you an ice cream?” He asked, as he pulled on his jacket.

You are so cute, Littlewing. The kids in your stories always seem to get ice cream. Too bad I'm lactose intollerant or I'd let you buy me an ice cream cone. Maybe, they have a 'frozen soy milk' parlor some place around there?

Dagi

« Reply #3106 on: January 27, 2008, 01:50:31 pm »
Hello Dagi,
Actually, I am feeling a bit better today. I spoke to, of all people, BannerHill (from IMDb) last night. We had a nice, three hour chat. It's always wonderful to talk to another of the Broken. It made all the difference in the world. He reminded me that no matter what happens, we always have Brokeback Mountain. The mysteries and questions about the story are eternal and the sentiments will forever be etched into our psyches. We'll always have Brokeback Mountain, and we can thank Heath for that. Thank God for giving us Heath, even for just a little while.

Toycoon

He's so right. But one has to be open for this truth, and as long as the pain is too fresh one isn't. Glad to hear you are doing a little better, my friend.  :)

Dagi

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3107 on: January 27, 2008, 04:22:57 pm »
Let's Take a Walk By Littlewing1957

“Been a long time, dad!”  It was Jenny Del-Mar Mills, sitting right next to her father on his over-stuffed sofa.  “Too long, baby,” Ennis answered as he took his youngest child’s hand in his.  Ennis studied his daughter.  The years had been kind to her.  She was very well dressed, and looked well fed.  She was also about 6 months along.  Ennis glanced at his child’s belly.  He couldn’t believe that he would soon have 4 grandchildren!  “How you feelin?”  Ennis asked her with great concern.  This child was not Jenny’s first, and her previous pregnancy had not been an easy one.  Ennis remembered being in the waiting room when Jenny delivered little Sanders.  His grandson barely made it into the world.  “I’m doing okay.” Jenny’s voice was mild.  “Doctor says I should have it easy this time around.”  Ennis smiled and nodded.  He was feeling better about everything.

Jenny looked around her father’s living room.  It was modest, but certainly a big step up from his trailer.  Jenny folded her hands over her belly and clasped them together.  She was as shy as her dad: never one to carry on a chatty conversation.  But there was really no need.  The silence between them was anything but awkward.  Where Ennis and Alma Jr. had a more vocal relationship, his dealings with Jenny were more cerebral, almost psychic.  It was not always so.  Jenny was a wanderer.  But when she met and married Graydon Mills, everything seemed to fall into place.  Ennis found himself walking his baby daughter down the aisle, and since then, he couldn’t get rid of her.  Ennis didn’t mind – he loved having her around.  But just last year Graydon’s job transferred him to Colorado, thus Jenny’s visits were less frequent.  Six months was longer than Jenny could take being away from her dad.  She had to see him, and brought her family along.  Graydon and little Sanders were visiting with Alma and Monroe. 

Ennis looked out the window at his neighborhood.  It was a beautiful spring afternoon.  The wind was high, but carried on it the scent of pine and flowers in bloom.  “Let’s take a walk, dad!” Jenny blurted, as though she had read his mind. “It is so nice outside!  Let’s go walk in the park and watch the children play.”  Ennis chuckled and rose from the couch.  “Let me buy you an ice cream?” He asked, as he pulled on his jacket.  “I would like that very much!” Jenny answered as she donned her sweater.  Ennis grabbed his keys from his small desk and gestured for his child.  He offered his arm, and they walked down to the park, not a word spoken.  No words needed.

So beautiful, littlewing. Somewhere, quietly, the life of these people just goes on.. just keeps progressing, as life does and must. Thank you for this beautiful reminder of that.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3108 on: January 27, 2008, 06:58:35 pm »
So beautiful, littlewing. Somewhere, quietly, the life of these people just goes on.. just keeps progressing, as life does and must. Thank you for this beautiful reminder of that.

Thanks, Malina!  It's so good to see you here.  I hope you'll stay awhile.  Stay forever!  I miss you!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3109 on: January 27, 2008, 07:01:09 pm »
Hello Dagi,

Toycoon

I'm glad you're feeling better, Honey!  BannerHill sent me a PM with his number.  I haven't had a chance to call, but may get to him tomorrow.  It is good to talk to people we know will understand.