Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170680 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Right 74 by Toycoon
« Reply #3150 on: February 04, 2008, 01:53:27 am »
Right 74 by Toycoon

Jack and his partner, Comfort, spun around the dance floor to the strains of the country band's tribute to self esteem, "Respect" as Ennis watched the pair intently over Raquel's left shoulder. He didn't realize it at first but Ennis had nearly come to a complete stop, he was so captivated watching his handsome friend dancing with another woman. Ennis felt a firm tap on his arm and turned to see who it was. A brawny fellow with a boyish face and closely cropped, blond hair motioned that he wanted to cut in on their dance. Ennis was surprised at first, even slightly annoyed but quietly relinquished his date to the stranger. Raquel seemed to recognize the young man, Leroy, so she smiled at Ennis, shrugged her shoulders and laid her dainty hand on the boy's shoulder. Ennis decided this was a good time to take a break so he made his way through the lively crowd, toward the rear exit and stood next to the open door, just outside the hall.

It was a cold, still night in Wyoming and it contrasted heavily with the revelry going on inside. The winter moon was glorious and full against the velvety, black sky. Ennis reached into the pocket inside his tuxedo jacket and pulled out a fresh pack of smokes. He yanked the tab on the cellophane wrapper, tore off the corner, smacked the pack on his palm and pulled a cigarette with his mouth. Ennis lit the cigarette and took a long draw. It felt good to be alone, away from the crowd for a few minutes. "You got another one a' them fer me, cowboy?" Ennis wheeled around. It was Jack. His smile lit up the night and shards of moonlight danced in his blue eyes. Ennis' heart pounded in his chest like the rhythm of a train.

"S-sure," he stammered. Jack took a cigarette from the pack and Ennis quickly struck another match to light it. "Thanks," he nodded. Ennis stared at Jack as though he were an apparition. "Um, you sure look good," he barely managed, then looked down at the ground. "Thanks, Ennis. You look real good, too." he said, blowing out a mouthful of smoke. Jack tried desperately to remain cool despite the urge to ravish Ennis right then and there. "So, where ya been fer the last few days?" The band began to play the Buck Owens song, "Guess Things Happen This Way" and the sound of crickets chirping synchronized to the beat.
"Uh, I was stayin' with Raquel at her place." Jack was silent. He stared into the inky sky and thought carefully before forming this next question. "Ennis, how come ya run off that day at Katie's shop?"  Ennis exhaled and watched the smoke slowly dissipate into the night sky. He wasn't really prepared for Jack's question. "I didn't think it would matter if ah left," he whispered sincerely," Better off gone. I was causin' you and yer folks, nothin' but trouble, anyways."
Jack's heart melted as he looked into Ennis' dark eyes. He leaned in and could almost feel Ennis' warm breath on his face. Suddenly, the music stopped and there was a loud commotion coming from the inside the party, angry shouting, then what sounded like a table, crashing to the ground. They heard a woman's scream and they both dashed back inside.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:13:42 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Trust
« Reply #3151 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:32 am »
Trust By Littlewing1957

Ennis trusted Jack.  More than anyone else, Ennis trusted Jack with his very life.  From the first time they made wicked, steamy love in a tent up on Brokeback, to the time almost 20 years later when they still made love, Ennis knew he could trust Jack.

It was not a one way street.  Ennis couldn’t articulate it, but he knew that he loved Jack and that he would kill for him.  He would die for him.  Jack knew it, as well.  The knowledge kept them whole.  It bonded them for life.

One Saturday afternoon up in Don Wroe’s cabin, Ennis and Jack were snowed in.  There was not much else to do but eat, play cards and watch the granules of snow blanket the earth.  After a hearty lunch of fried bologna sandwiches and mushroom soup, Jack was feeling randy.  He wanted so much to try something different, but wasn’t sure if Ennis would be receptive.  “I want to try something new, Cowboy, something that may be a bit painful at first.  Will you let me try?”  Ennis smiled, as he was not the least bit put off or frightened.  “Whatever you want, Jack,” Ennis whispered.  “I trust you.”  Jack sighed happily and smiled warmly.  He offered his hand to his lover and led him into the master bedroom.

And now we leave them to themselves and use our imagination.  ;D Can´t blame Jack for feeling randy. Beautiful look into their life, Marie, thank you.

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3152 on: February 04, 2008, 11:32:48 am »
Just what are you suggesting here, Littlewing, you nasty thing!

Ah, if only I can say...

Dagi

Re: Right 74 by Toycoon
« Reply #3153 on: February 04, 2008, 03:22:47 pm »
Right 74 by Toycoon

Jack and his partner, Comfort, spun around the dance floor to the strains of the country band's tribute to self esteem, "Respect" as Ennis watched the pair intently over Raquel's left shoulder. He didn't realize it at first but Ennis had nearly come to a complete stop, he was so captivated watching his handsome friend dancing with another woman. Ennis felt a firm tap on his arm and turned to see who it was. A brawny fellow with a boyish face and closely cropped, blond hair motioned that he wanted to cut in on their dance. Ennis was surprised at first, even slightly annoyed but quietly relinquished his date to the stranger. Raquel seemed to recognize the young man, Leroy, so she smiled at Ennis, shrugged her shoulders and laid her dainty hand on the boy's shoulder. Ennis decided this was a good time to take a break so he made his way through the lively crowd, toward the rear exit and stood next to the open door, just outside the hall.

It was a cold, still night in Wyoming and it contrasted heavily with the revelry going on inside. The winter moon was glorious and full against the velvety, black sky. Ennis reached into the pocket inside his tuxedo jacket and pulled out a fresh pack of smokes. He yanked the tab on the cellophane wrapper, tore off the corner, smacked the pack on his palm and pulled a cigarette with his mouth. Ennis lit the cigarette and took a long draw. It felt good to be alone, away from the crowd for a few minutes. "You got another one a' them fer me, cowboy?" Ennis wheeled around. It was Jack. His smile lit up the night and shards of moonlight danced in his blue eyes. Ennis' heart pounded in his chest like the rhythm of a train.

"S-sure," he stammered. Jack took a cigarette from the pack and Ennis quickly struck another match to light it. "Thanks," he nodded. Ennis stared at Jack as though he were an apparition. "Um, you sure look good," he barely managed, then looked down at the ground. "Thanks, Ennis. You look real good, too." he said, blowing out a mouthful of smoke. Jack tried desperately to remain cool despite the urge to ravish Ennis right then and there. "So, where ya been fer the last few days?" The band began to play the Buck Owens song, "Guess Things Happen This Way" and the sound of crickets chirping synchronized to the beat.
"Uh, I was stayin' with Raquel at her place." Jack was silent. He stared into the inky sky and thought carefully before forming this next question. "Ennis, how come ya run off that day at Katie shop?"  Ennis exhaled and watched the smoke slowly dissipate into the night sky. He wasn't really prepared for Jack's question. "I didn't think it would matter if ah left," he whispered sincerely," Better off gone. I was causin' you and yer folks, nothin' but trouble, anyways."
Jack's heart melted as he looked into Ennis' dark eyes. He leaned in and could almost feel Ennis' warm breath on his face. Suddenly, the music stopped and there was a loud commotion coming from the inside the party, angry shouting, then what sounded like a table, crashing to the ground. They heard a woman's scream and they both dashed back inside.

Toycoon, I just love your descriptive style. I can see them stand there smoking as if I was watching a movie, I feel the fresh air and the tension between them. And Ennis again thinking he is causing nothing but trouble breaks my heart...

Thanks so much for writing this, you two make a wonderful couple!  ;D

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3154 on: February 05, 2008, 12:12:02 am »
Toycoon, I just love your descriptive style. I can see them stand there smoking as if I was watching a movie, I feel the fresh air and the tension between them. And Ennis again thinking he is causing nothing but trouble breaks my heart...
Thanks so much for writing this, you two make a wonderful couple!  ;D
Dagi

Why thank you, Dagi my dear. I am truly enjoying this experience writing with a partner. I think by the time we're done, Littlewing shall be my wife and I will be her gay husband. Everyone needs a gay husband don't you think?  ::)
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

« Reply #3155 on: February 05, 2008, 09:30:58 am »
Why thank you, Dagi my dear. I am truly enjoying this experience writing with a partner. I think by the time we're done, Littlewing shall be my wife and I will be her gay husband. Everyone needs a gay husband don't you think?  ::)

:laugh: I think so, yes.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3156 on: February 05, 2008, 06:25:18 pm »

Hey, Toycoon, sounds good to me!  You're the only husband I would want!  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3157 on: February 05, 2008, 06:25:41 pm »
And now we leave them to themselves and use our imagination.  ;D Can´t blame Jack for feeling randy. Beautiful look into their life, Marie, thank you.

Dagi

Thanks, Dagi!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3158 on: February 05, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »
Hugs to everyone.  Just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm here and that I've not forgotten about you.  I'll get caught up on the new stories very soon.  I'm looking forward to that.   :D

Gary

Hey, Gary!  :-*  Its good to hear that you're around for us (even though I've never doubted it for a moment) and I look forward to your comments.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (74)
« Reply #3159 on: February 05, 2008, 06:44:01 pm »

Afternoon.

Well, nice update, the only thing missing was "suddenly, a shot rang out"!!!  And I wouldn't put it past Alan to have a pistol on him.  Things are tensing up, and looking forward to finding out what happened inside.  Even if it did mess up the 'moment' the guys were having. You've left things wide open for your partner in writing, so onward into the fray.

Ennis still hasn't figured out his own worth, to himself and to Jack; he still feels like he's in the way, like he was with his father, and with KE, and with Alma.  He needs Jack around to find out that with Jack he's never in the way, he's Jack's one and only, and he need to work through that with Jack's help.  Hard to get him to do that, but necessary.  Again, the Dakotas are looking much better, away from Jack's parents and past and away from Ennis' siblings and past. 

Thanks again.