Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2167250 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3180 on: February 14, 2008, 10:10:42 pm »
You’re My Valentine by garycottle

Gorgeous story, Gary, my love.  It is just what I needed to read today.  I want to thank you so much for writing it for us.  I can't even find the words to tell you how much I loved reading through this.  I'm so glad Daniel and Ty are working things out.  I just knew they would!  And to bring out the truth about Grandpa and Jack? Wondeful!  You have written a very sweet, sexy piece here.  I am moved to tears!  I want to read more about Daniel and Ty.  I demand more!  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3181 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »
Happy Valentine's Day, Fanfic Folks!!! I <3 U!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3182 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:11 pm »
Happy Valentine's Day, Fanfic Folks!!! I <3 U!!  ;D

Happy Valentine's Day, Shasta, my dear friend!  I love you!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Be Mine
« Reply #3183 on: February 14, 2008, 11:03:22 pm »
Aww  What a bittersweet Valentine's Day for Jack.  But how nice that he was able to find the courage to let Ennis know who his real Valentine was.  I hope that Ennis got to the mailbox before Alma when Jack's card arrived.

We used to go to Ward's all the time when I was a kid.  That's where I got nearly all of my school clothes until I got to high school and decided I simply had to be more fashionable.   :laugh:

Thanks so much for the Valentine's Day story, Littlewing.  A bit sad, but also very nice.

Gary

Hey, Gary!  I know what you mean about Wards.  I used to get a fair chuck of my school clothes there, as well.  The Wards in East Oakland had a long and violent past before it closed forever over a decade ago.  I know several people who used to work there, and they told me stories about employees stealing the company blind.  A cousin of mine used to work out on the loading dock, and he said that one manager was so corrupt that whenever a customer ordered an item, and they sent it down the chute to delievery/pickup, the manager would make sure 2 items were sent down.  He would keep one of the items for himself.  This manager stole so much stuff from Wards that he opened a "store" of his own in an apartment complex in downtown Oakland.  It was rumored that the inside theft was so bad that Wards had to close for that reason alone.  It seems management was so hard nosed with the employees that the workers stole out of spite.  The manager I mentioned was caught, and when he learned he was about to go to jail for a long time, he committed suicide.  I don't know why I'm telling you all this!  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3184 on: February 14, 2008, 11:12:40 pm »
Thanks so much for the kind remarks, Littlewing.   :D  I'm so glad you liked it.  It's Valentine's Day so Daniel and Tyler just had to make up, didn't they?  Poor ol' Ty has been in the dog house for two months now, so it was time he got some lovin' from his Danny boy.  All while I wrote the scene I was thinking of how Ennis and Jack had made love in that very cabin over twenty years before, so I thought it was time that the boys became a bit more aware of the past.

Gary

Yes, it is time for them to make up.  The two of them are just too close, too bonded to be apart in spirit for long.  The merging of the bodies together means nothing if the heart isn't in it.  God, I hope I'm making sense.  Anyway, thanks again for this incredible tale.  A very satisfying read!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Be Mine
« Reply #3185 on: February 14, 2008, 11:20:23 pm »
Ah, nothing like a story about theft, corruption, cruelty and suicide on Valentine's Day to make you feel all warm and fuzzy.  You know if you thew in an orphan boy it would be down right Dickensian.   :laugh:  :-X

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Gary, you're too much!  I can't help but love you so!

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Dickensian
« Reply #3186 on: February 15, 2008, 03:06:36 pm »
Mornin', Gary and Littlewing.

Well, if you also started out with: "It was a dark and stormy night.  Suddenly a shot rang out, and a woman screamed.  And somewhere in Kansas a boy was growing up on a farm." then it really would be.... Peanutsian.

Happy Presidents Day Weekend, and

Thanks again. 

PS.  What's with Rocky and Katie? They're dancing around an issue they both know is out there, but are unwilling to admit.  Glad Ennis is thinking on how he's going to extricate Jack and himself from this mess with the girls, and get moving on their own life together.  But, there's still Alan and Leroy to contend with, let alone OMT.  Dang! Can't something go "right" for them for a change?!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Dickensian
« Reply #3187 on: February 16, 2008, 03:09:23 pm »
Mornin', Gary and Littlewing.

Well, if you also started out with: "It was a dark and stormy night.  Suddenly a shot rang out, and a woman screamed.  And somewhere in Kansas a boy was growing up on a farm." then it really would be.... Peanutsian.

Happy Presidents Day Weekend, and

Thanks again. 

PS.  What's with Rocky and Katie? They're dancing around an issue they both know is out there, but are unwilling to admit.  Glad Ennis is thinking on how he's going to extricate Jack and himself from this mess with the girls, and get moving on their own life together.  But, there's still Alan and Leroy to contend with, let alone OMT.  Dang! Can't something go "right" for them for a change?!

Hey, cwby30!  Thanks for posting.  Happy President's Day weekend to you, and to all!

I can't wait for things to get better for the boys.  But they'll have to be patient!  The road to true happiness can be long and tedious.  They'll get there--eventually  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

I'm Yours
« Reply #3188 on: February 17, 2008, 02:48:29 am »
I'm Yours by Littlewing1957

It was February 16, and Ennis was rifling through his mail.  He stopped in the post office on the way home from work, just as always.  Ennis didn’t mind waking to the post office to fetch his mail, but thought about arranging for his mail to come to his trailer.  He would have his own mailbox, and everything.  But for now, he needed to make the daily trips to get his mail.  It was just a chore of life.

Ennis didn’t feel up to opening the bills, and stiffened when he saw a letter from a collection agency.  Among the small pile were several adverts from stores in town, and even a letter from Alma thanking him for keeping the girls while she and Monroe went away for a romantic Valentine’s Day celebration.  The last piece of mail looked curious.  There was no return address, and looked like a store bought card of some kind.  Ennis opened it and glared at a cowboy on a bull, waving a lasso.  It was a funny little thing, very strange and silly looking.  Ennis opened the card and read, “BE MINE.”  Ennis chuckled.  The card was unsigned, but he knew who had sent it.

Ennis had to sit down.  The rest of his mail, and everything else, for that matter, would have to wait.  He lay down on his ratty couch and opened the card.  He placed it over his face.  At that very moment Ennis realized that he never before received a Valentine’s Day card. Never got a card from some pretty girl at school who had a crush on him, never received a Valentine's Day card from his girls, or from Alma.  The card was late, of course, but it was of no consequence.  Ennis read the words again, “BE MINE.”  “I’M YOURS” Ennis whispered into the card.  He closed his eyes and wished he could tell Jack that he belonged only to him – would never belong to anyone else.  Ennis fell asleep, a silly card over his face, a smile on his lips.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: I'm Yours
« Reply #3189 on: February 17, 2008, 03:03:17 am »
What a beautiful and precious moment, Littlewing.  It's great that Jack's card made Ennis feel loved.  Thanks so much for the sweet story.

Gary

Thanks, Gary!