Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705504 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis and Alma are at a drive-in movie.  Ennis would much rather be seein' a western movie, maybe with John Wayne, but Alma insisted on this "Surf party" beach movie.  He gives her what she wants now, because the Doc says the baby might be comin' any time now, and maybe their last chance to get out.))

%% Where are ya Jack?  Summer's here agin and I wonder if you're back on Brokeback.  I wish I wuz up there with ya..%%

(( Ennis knew this was not going to happen.  He was going to be a father and he needed to learn that this was his life now.  A wife and a child, with no more room for Jack Twist.))

ALMA: ((Snuggling with Ennis at the drive-in))
**Well, here I am! Where I always wanted to be…in the arms of my man, and with little Ennis Junior on the way! And how do I feel about it? In a word: crummy! The smell of that popcorn is makin me sick, I crave a nice filet of Chilean sea bass. And Ennis himself smells like he’s been castratin calves all day! Plus, I wish he’d close his mouth when he eats! I can hardly hear the movie! Not that it’s Hamlet or anything. . . . sigh. Wouldn’t Hugh be good in that role? Arrgghh! There goes my stomach now, rumbling with aching for a nice fish taco… I’ll pretend it’s the baby kicking! Ennis will get a kick out of that. . . his low startle point filly, as he likes to say all the time, whatever that means. **

((Grabs Ennis’s hand and puts it on her belly. But Ennis moves his hand farther south. . . nearly all the way to “Mexico”))

Ennis! You behave yourself. Somebody might see! It’s not like we’re way out in the middle of nowhere!!

((Ennis grabs the Coke bottle between her legs, brings it to his lips, and swallows all that's left)) Hey, that's my Coke! You already drank yours!

**Better not have any more Coke anyway, I can't stand the little girl's room at this drive-in. And the movie keeps showing the ocean and the sound of the surf! Maybe we should leave early...** Ennis? Want to get out of here and have our own little surf party at home?

**What a funny look! Ennis? Enigma, is more like it. . . .**

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 02:40:35 pm by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
(( MEANWHILE .. Back at Lucise's trailer..

Lucise decides to treat himself to a long, relaxing soak in the bathtub ..

))

%%
Guess the wedding must be real kickin', coz Guy ain't back yet..must be having himself a good time there..
Ahhhhh...I could sit in here forever .. vanilla and almond bath oils are God's gift to semi-unemployed sheep trainers everywhere ..ahhhhhh...I can only wish Guy could be in here with me ..ahhhhhhh...
Wait a minute, there is usually red wine at weddings ..OMG!!  He might be lying in a shivering pile on a floor somewhere.. Why dint I think of that before?  Shit!  I gotta call his cell ..
%%

((Lucise jumps out of the bathtub, water, soap suds and rose petals falling everywhere.  He rushes to the bedroom, fishes out his cell phone from his denim pocket, fumbles with it and dials Guy's number hurriedly .. The phone starts ringing ..))

%% Shit!  I shoulda gone with him to the damn wedding!.. COME ON! Answer your damn phone .. %%

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
ALMA: ((Snuggling with Ennis at the drive-in))
**Well, here I am! Where I always wanted to be…in the arms of my man, and with little Ennis Junior on the way! And how do I feel about it? In a word: crummy! The smell of that popcorn is makin me sick, I crave a nice filet of Chilean sea bass. And Ennis himself smells like he’s been castratin calves all day! Plus, I wish he’d close his mouth when he eats! I can hardly hear the movie! Not that it’s Hamlet or anything. . . . sigh. Wouldn’t Hugh be good in that role? Arrgghh! There goes my stomach now, rumbling with aching for a nice fish taco… I’ll pretend it’s the baby kicking! Ennis will get a kick out of that. . . his low startle point filly, as he likes to say all the time, whatever that means. **

((Grabs Ennis’s hand and puts it on her belly. But Ennis moves his hand farther south. . . nearly all the way to “Mexico”))

Ennis! You behave yourself. Somebody might see! It’s not like we’re way out in the middle of nowhere!!

((Ennis grabs the Coke bottle between her legs, brings it to his lips, and swallows all that's left)) Hey, that's my Coke! You already drank yours!

**Better not have any more Coke anyway, I can't stand the little girl's room at this drive-in. And the movie keeps showing the ocean and the sound of the surf! Maybe we should leave early...** Ennis? Want to get out of here and have our own little surf party at home?

**What a funny look! Ennis? Enigma, is more like it. . . .**

Baby Alma Jr reporting for duty...almost ready to be born!

((Baby Alma Jr does can-can in Alma's tummy))

Wow it's a good job that I have been getting dancing lessons from that charlestoning Elk or they'd never notice me! Wonder if my Mummy and Daddy are as stunning as their insides are! Hmmmm I wonder! Well there is only one way to find out...
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack watches in disbelief as the HIGH PRIESTESS collapses onto the sofa, nearly toppling onto GUY.))

%% Jeez. Is tha flu goin' around or somthin....? Guess I better go find someone at that infirmary to help out here. Somthin's goin' round and I ain't gonna catch it. %%

((Leaving the unconscious HIGH PRIESTESS and GUY behind, YOUNG JACK tries to find the set infirmary. Is that where the set psychologists/psychiatrists are? He'd seen them before.))

((He finds the infirmary without much difficulty and steps inside.))

**Howdy... anyone here that can help? I got folks collapsin' up at the weddin' reception.**

YOUNG JACK:

((Looks around is disbelief as all the medical staff at the infirmary fall unconscious beneath his gaze. With a genuine confused look on his face, even. (See picture below.)))

%% If Ennis're here, he'd know what ta do...? But how in tha hell am I gonna find him now. Aguirre might know. I gotta go ask him. Time ta get more work anyway.
%%

SCENE:

((Jack's rickety old truck drives into Riverton, parks near Aguirre's trailer. Jack gets out of the truck, walks up the steps with purpose, knocks on the door and steps inside, pulling his hat off his head.))

Hey, Mr. Aguirre... ((Jack's words freeze in his throat as Aguirre transfers his cold stare to him, the fan behind him whirring quietly.))

Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
Ledge  Heather:   Oh woe is me.  Not you again!  Go on, just walk all over me without a word of hello!  I suppose that spunky tight arsed  cowboy you were with last year will be along soon to perch his buns all over me again while he sucks his fags and chews his lunch… hang on! Didn’t you end up doing that for him? Groan!  I wish I was a tree again!  At least then a wood was a wood!  %%Geez I wanna kill Guy!%%
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 07:29:21 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
AGUIRRE:

Jack F**king Twist!!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack nods at Aguirre.))

That's ma name. Don't wear it out. Anyways, can't stay for long cause folks're collapsin' over at the reception but just came to see if you had some more work for me this summer?

((Jack looks up, a little hopeful.))

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.

AGUIRRE: ((Finally takes cigarette out of mouth and fixes Jack with a long stare))

No! Hell, no!

Well…what I mean is…Jack, the job’s already taken. You see, I … me and your Uncle Harold… what I mean to say is, well, him and me’s goin up on Brokeback this summer. Yeah, no more of this choky little trailer for me. I seen as how I’m wastin away here, like in a coffin. So, when Hal, that’s your Uncle Harold, got over his pneumonia, I went and saw him agin. Your ma insisted we get together. And…it’s been 20 years since we met up, herdin sheep on Brokeback Mountain. We ain’t hardly seen each other agin in all that time. So, sorry Twist, you’re out of luck. Lest you want to stay down here and man this trailer! But I know you’ve got some things to do, some wild oats to sow, some roses to stem, ain’t you?

((Lost in reverie over Hal))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Completely baffled (and a little amused by) Aguirre's revery into his own past and his desire to patch things up with Uncle Harold, Jack breaks into an ear-splitting grin.))

Sure do.... Hey, you ain't seen Ennis Del Mar around here any, have ya?