Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705168 times)

moremojo

((Jimbo shakes Jack's hand politely. Is embarrassed by the sweat on his palm, but figures Jack's hand is about the same, and won't mind.))

Oh...howdy, there, friend. Jimbo here...Jimbo Van Damme.

((The two men approach the bar's threshold. Jimbo feels awkward and excited, more uncomfortable than in many a year, but somehow in a good way.))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack is feeling a little awkward himself. He wonders if it was because he let that Bull throw him, or because of something else.))

You got some other clothes to change into...? I don't want anyone in there makin' fun of you for that getup.

((At that moment, another rodeo clown comes out of the bar in full rodeo clown costume and makeup.))

RODEO CLOWN #2:

Jimbo, there you are. We were waitin' for you... Umm, ya got undressed a little early didn' ya?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:19:40 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

moremojo

((Jimbo is strangely touched by Jack's concern. Not too many folks have bothered about his feelings before.))

Oh, those folks pretty much all know me. But I spose I WOULD feel a bit funny without my regular duds. I think I'll hop on over to my truck, pull 'em on, and get on back here. Guess I'll see you around in there?

((Jimbo hardly waits for an answer before skipping off for a change of clothes. Allowing Jack to enter the bar before him, which somehow makes Jimbo more comfortable.))

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

After putting his son on the bulls instead of the woolies,

MICHAEL JACKSON demostrates his prowess in the rodeo's Pairs' Umbrella Holding event

but refuses to disclose the publicly identify of the donor for his breast-enhancement surgery

much to the disappointment of fans across the B.A.M. set,

((Jimbo is strangely touched by Jack's concern. Not too many folks have bothered about his feelings before.))

some of whom may have been strangely touched.   ;)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:31:20 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack shakes his head at the situation and enters the bar, hoping its not Rodeo Clown night or sumthin'. He heaves a sigh of relief when he sees there's only a few rodeo clowns in full getup and heads over to the bar.))

I'll have whatever's on tap.

moremojo

((Jimbo, in his nervousness, almost didn't notice the other rodeo clown or his query. Stops for a moment to collect his thoughts.))

JIMBO (just outside the bar):

Oh...howdy, Frank. Yeah, I don't know whether I'm comin or goin with my duds tonight. Ol' Jack here just reminded me that I still had my clown makeup on.

((Jimbo feels torn. Decides to go ahead and change into regular clothes.))

Hey, I'll be right back, okay? Best to take off my clown getup, so's not to get it wet or sumpin in there.

((Turns awkwardly, unusual in someone so nimble, to nip on over to truck for clothes change.))

moremojo

((Jimbo, looking now like the regular cowboy he is, returns to the bar. Goes up to the counter and sits. In his flustered state, doesn't even notice that Jack is seated just a few feet away.))

Beer...on tap's fine.

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

((At that moment, another rodeo clown comes out of the bar in full rodeo clown costume and makeup.))

((Jimbo, in his nervousness, almost didn't notice the other rodeo clown or his query. ))

MICHAEL JACKSON:

&&  Hmmmmph, how do you not notice THIS?  What do I have to do to get some attention in this bar?!  &&

"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
((Jimbo, looking now like the regular cowboy he is, returns to the bar. Goes up to the counter and sits. In his flustered state, doesn't even notice that Jack is seated just a few feet away.))

Beer...on tap's fine.

YOUNG JACK:

((Jack gets up from his seat as Jimbo approaches the bar, smiles a little at him. He walks over to where Jimbo is standing and leans on the counter next to him, holding his beer in his hand. He slaps a few bills on the counter.))

I'd like ta buy Jimbo here a beer. For the best goddamn tango I have ever seen in a rodeo arena, and to that ruckus that even I got a problem callin' music.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 09:33:33 pm by Daniel »

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

((  MICHAEL JACKSON quietly observes JACK and JIMBO at this Critical Career Juncture, and sees someone at the bar who captures his attention.  ))

MICHAEL JACKSON:

&&  Oh, so that's how you get someone's attention in here  ... offer to buy them a drink...  ))

Bartender, we'll take two cold cans of Jesus Juice beer!